Sunday, January 10, 2010

I heart Andy

Once Urban Outfitters got a hold of Andy Warhol then the frenzy was at its peak. You couldn't walk 5 steps without seeing Warhol bags, keychains, stationery, blah blah blah. I bet he was laughing his butt off somewhere due to the irony of it all. His study of the corporate image became...tada! A corporate image.

But...I still love Andy. I have a very special place in my heart reserved for his whimsical paintings. They were so far ahead of his time that it's almost freakishly bizarre to look at them now. This was painted WHEN?

I love his cats named Sam:







I love his delicious ice creams:







Love his bugs:




But my favorite is his fabulous pink wild raspberry print!:






You can find all of these at art.com for cheap cheap cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment