Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dallas Market: Day 1

Day 1 of market (at least for me! It's been going for 3 days now!) was a bit slow. The highlight was getting to meet my fabulous reps. They're totally on it, and all so beautiful. How can I go wrong?!

I hung out in the showroom for a bit, mostly chatting with the girls and looking at the other gorgeous lines they have - Bella Ink, Lemon Tree Paper, Paper Belle, Jonathan Wright, Mara Mi, Sharp and Sally, Tina givens, etc. etc. Here's a couple of pics of the showroom and my wall section - I'll get more tomorrow!




And a NEW line that they carry by Amy Butler. I ADORE her. I've been swooning over her fabrics for years now, and she's turned some of her glorious patterns into paper products (not just scrapping paper). I'll take some pics of her exquisite line and post them tomorrow.

I did take a chance to roam the temporaries, which actually really shocked me. The aisles were half the size they normally are, and I didn't find any new paper lines. Even Papaya didn't set up this year. Last January, it was huge, with 5 or 6 new lines. And Papaya was like a bright beacon of color right in the middle of it all. I suppose the economy has sucked out some of the excitement of those entrepreneurship spirits. Plus the cost of the booths are a bit pricey.

However, the permanent showrooms looked as beautiful as ever. Here are a few pics of my favorite - Two's Company.






Yes, those are empty detergent bottles. Here is a close-up:







Here's a close-up of the wall detail:



And this white buffet inspired me so much. At first, I couldn't figure out why I was so drawn to it. Then it hit me. I, along with millions of other Americans, have a piece like this that's gross and ugly and has been in my parent's house for years. Chances are, there's one in every thrift store across town. Next time, I'm not going to pass this little gem up! A coat of white paint and voila!



5 comments:

  1. How thrilling for you! I wish you all the all the best:)
    Thanks for the tour of Two's Company's booth. Very cool. I've always loved their stuff!
    Happy Weekend
    xo
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wall paper - the sheets - its is incredible! thanks for your comment tonight!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you live in a fantasy world! I want to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for the beautiful comments! I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paper horse...as for the paper suitcases, i have ised them for years and loved them
    Thank you fpr finding out about my blog, Francine

    ReplyDelete