Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ruffled Feathers

When I was a wee little thing, I couldn't get enough of girlie stuff. Barbies, jewelry, dresses, ponies and ruffles.

Then something happened around junior high. I hated all things girlie. Began wearing blue jeans, simplified my design sensibilities, and started listening to Jimi Hendrix.

None of those things have changed, except the ruffles part. I think I started my love affair again when I saw that fabulous episode of Sex and the City. You know the one. Where she spies a pair of Christian Louboutin ruffled shoes in the window and seductively whispers, "Hello Lover."


And WHO can forget that Versace Couture dress from the last episode...




I love a good ruffle.

And I love a good ruffle on top of another ruffle.

So here are my favorite finds that have not just one, but many beautiful, girlie ruffles. Embrace the girlie!




















{ ottoman from Layla Grace, shower curtain from Anthropologie, Valentino dress, ruffle skirt from Diane Von Furstenburg, towels from Neiman Marcus, Eva Longoria in a Marchesa gown, curtains from Urban Outfitters, bedskirt from Layla Grace, Funktion apron, Jim Hjelm wedding gown, bib necklace from a common thread via etsy, ruffled white comforter from Urban Outfitters, pic via Martha Stewart Weddings, cake from Bobbette and Belle cakes, jacket from Anthropologie, wedding gown by Vera Wang, jumper from Urban Outfitters, cake with instructions from Martha Stewart Weddings }

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on ruffles...just gorgeous and so feminine! Love these pictures too!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them when they are more tailored and sexy... not as much the kind that add lots of volume... those SATC shoes were really perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read an article about Ravishing Ruffles...apparently ruffles are 'IN' now. Check out pompominteriorsDOTcom, indiaroseDOTcom for beautiful ruffle-y linens and lulusDOTcom for clothing and accessories. Thanks for sharing your pics! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm totally drooling all over my keyboard. All those ruffles! And then I see that cake??? MY DREAM CAKE! Never before seen such a perfect one!

    Thanks so much for commenting on HoT today....so glad you found it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm adoring all of your ruffle references!! I featured that anthropolgie shower curtain on my blog a few months back as i went nuts when i saw it!! loving your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sick of ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey being a girly girl or a tomboy is both ok.

    ReplyDelete