Monday, December 21, 2009

Scandinavian Design

I've been noticing some new resurgence of scandinavian design. I've always loved vintage patterns from the 60s in this style, like from Stig Lindberg. It's inspired me like crazy and it's taking every ounce of my being to keep on task with my biz duties and not to design some stationery!

Here are a couple of Stig's designs:



This is from Thomas Paul (you may remember he did a series of plates for Target in this style and I believe he still has some there):





This one is a journal from Nordic Fusion .



This is my favorite. This illustrator Helen Dardik (check out her blog here ) rocks and she recently did a bag for Blue Q.



And this last one is from Old Navy - I just copied the background of their website. But I love it. Sometimes you find inspiration in the strangest of places!!!





I just love how it can be so dang busy with millions of little objects and items, but the way they fit together makes them a beautiful pattern. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment